Thursday, December 15, 2005

Why I started this blog...

Hi. My name is Kevin and I go to school at Loyola University Chicago. I started this blog mostly just to get ideas out of my head and into something more tangible. I plan to pursue a career in politics but may be distracted by business or law on the way. One of the things I am most interested in is legal theory. I am also extremely interested in politics and how a state functions but have been disillusioned of late by the actions of both parties. No one is doing anything. Although their doing nothing is not a particularly interesting topic, I want to try to get some idea of why they do nothing and what they should be doing. Also, one thing I am concerned with is the gap between the government and the governed. I feel like the government comprises of a group of people who in no way are capable of representing the younger generation (and they wonder why we don't vote). I would even go so far as to say that most politicians are unqualified to serve their constituency. This gap presents a lag in the adoption of policies that reflect the current population and also keeps alive stances that belonged to an older generation. Nowadays things are made even more difficult by the partisan behavior of the country as a whole, I don't understand why people with different goals cannot compromise. I am also fed up with talk of the Iraq war, people are just bickering. Washington should address the needs of the nation, that's what it's there for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home