Friday, January 13, 2006

Second Try

This blog started because I couldn’t sleep and wanted to do something productive for once… that being said I left it alone for a long time.  Today I decided I should start posting daily or at least weekly, not only because I have a lot to say but because I think it will help me clear up a lot of my opinions on what is and what should be happening.  The government that has been established in this country is to me the same as the government we fought to start this country.  They liberally use terms like freedom and liberty defining them through rhetoric rather than through action.  They ignore logic and respond to dreams of ruling the world, building wealth, and retaining the power that was given to them.  The few politicians that earn that power oftentimes do amazing things, but they are few and far between.  There’s too much politics in Washington and not enough leadership.  The media has allowed politicians to run campaigns that have nothing to do with what people want.  They also seem to do a good job of making things important.  I don’t know when flashy news stories got popular, but I hope that with the rise of the internet people will begin to read several sources on a subject rather than accepting a 30 second blurb from CNN or Fox News.  If anyone ever reads this blog aside from me, at least think about the fact that the same government preaching freedom is taking it away.  There’s no paradox, just hypocrisy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home